Saturday, June 22, 2013

The making of a mascot

Since I've been on Etsy for a while, occasionally I will get messages asking if I can make a custom item. I love making one-of-a-kind pieces and these requests help me make things that I wouldn't usually think of doing. I'm not always able to create these requests, for one reason or another, but I try to fit them in when I can.

A few months ago, I got a message from someone over at Get Set Games to make a plush version of the main character from one of their most popular game apps. The little guy is named Redford, and he's in Mega Jump, if you've ever heard of that. Here he is for reference:

He's such a cute little guy. He took me a little while to figure out what size and shape everything needed to be, then I started cutting out his little pieces. 

 A little bit of sewing and I had a couple legs, arms, and ears.
 The body was simple and quick, but his teeth and toes were a little time consuming.
 Stuffing is always a fun part of any project because they fill out a little and start to take shape.
 Pretty soon, he was able to stand up, but was missing quite a few parts.
 The tail was also a fun little part to do.
 His teeth and toes were all sewn on individually and stuffed a little bit to give them some body.
 The last parts were his eyes, which gave me a little trouble on the size and shape, but I finally got them so that I was happy.
 And here is the finished product:

My favorite part was I made him so that you can put things into his mouth, so before I shipped him to Get Set Games, I stuffed his mouth full of business cards. (I know, but I've got to promote my wares)
 What do you think? He's a pretty cute little monster, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment